Microscope Activities Quiz
- When you move the slide to the right, what happens to the image in the microscope?
- When you move the slide toward you, what happens to the image in the microscope?
- What is the purpose of the diaphragm?
- Is the field of view (FOV) larger or smaller when using high power?
- Is the field brighter or darker on high power?
- What did the microscope do to the image of the letter 'e'?
Complete this table Objective lens Ocular lens Total magnification FOV Scan 10 5
High 40 5
- On the back of this page use your journal sketches and FOV calculations to estimate the size of the epithelial and algae cells. On the back support your size estimates with sketches, calculations and a full description of your reasoning.