Metric System Units
The SI system has seven fundamental measurements.
- Mass: kilogram (kg)
- Length: meter (m)
- Time: second (s)
- Temperature: Kelvin (K)
- Electric current: Amperes (A)
- Amount of a substance: mole (M)
- Luminous intensity: candela (cd)
Using these base units we can derive other units to make other types of measurements.
- Area: square meters (m2)
- Volume: cubic meters (m3)
- Volume (liquid): liters (l)
- Temperature: degrees Celsius (°C)
- Water freezes at 0°C
- Water boils at 100 °C.
- 0°C = 273.15 K
- kilograms per cubic meter (kg/m3)
- grams per cubic centimeter (g/cm3)