Experiment Design Analysis - Gas Mileage
Marcia heard that premium unleaded gasoline gives her better gas mileage than regular unleaded. In her experiment, she filled up with tank # 1 right before she drove to Seattle. With tanks 2, 3 and 4 Marcia drove to school and work in Oak Harbor.
- 1st tank : premium yields 22 mpg
- 2nd tank : premium yields 20 mpg
- 3rd tank : regular yields 20 mpg
- 4th tank : regular yields 19 mpg
- Hypothesis with a prediction:
- Manipulated variable:
- Levels of treatments:
- Responding variable:
- Controlled variable:
- How would you improve this experiment?
- Why did Marcia uses two tanks for each gasoline type?