Experiment Design Analysis - Fertilizer
Shamecca is doing a plant growth experiment. She wants to measure the effect on plant growth of adding different amounts of fertilizer to the potting soil. She gives the plants the same amount of soil, water and sunlight. After 6 weeks she measures the height of the plants and records this data :
- 1st pot : 0 grams fertilizer = 30 cm plant height
- 2nd pot : 1 grams fertilizer = 45 cm plant height
- 3rd pot : 2 grams fertilizer = 60 cm plant height
- 4th pot : 3 grams fertilizer = 50 cm plant height
- What would Shamecca write for her experimental question?
- What might be Shamecca's hypothesis?
- Manipulated variable =
- Levels of treatments =
- Responding variable =
- Controlled variables =
- Does this experiment have a control? If so, what is the control?
- Is this quantitative or qualitative data ? Explain.