Careers in Science Project
You will work alone or with one partner to research a science related career from the list below. You will be responsible for:
- Making a presentation to the class based upon your research.
- The creation of some sort of display for the classroom.
- All projects are due on due date. Be ready !
Both the Classroom Presentation and Display should include:
- Specific information on the science in your career.
- Explanation of what people in your career investigate or do.
- Specific education requirements (degrees and courses needed).
- Expected income.
- Work setting (lab, office, field, etc).
- Something that interested you about this career.
- Representation of minorities and women.
- Your presentation should be 2 to 5 minutes long. You may present a skit.
- Visual aids (your display?) make a presentation go easier.
- Speak clearly and slowly. Speak to the class - not your visual aid.
- A display for the classroom is required. You may make a poster, a video, Powerpoint, etc.
- Your presentation and display will be evaluated by myself and your classmates.
- On both the presentation and the display, each individual will be evaluated. You will need to clearly state the division of labor if you choose to have a partner.
- Presentation and display evaluations will be averaged together.
Some suggestions for science related careers