Periodic Table Notes Fill-in
- Periodic Table
- A table of all the known elements in rows of ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ and in columns of elements having similar ___________________ ___________________.
- ___________________ of elements in the periodic table having similar ___________________ ___________________. Elements in a group have the same number of e- in the ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ /___________________ . Groups are numbered from 1 to 18.
- ___________________ of elements in the periodic table. The period number is the number of e- ___________________ / ___________________ the element has. From left to right the elements in a row have ___________________ atomic number.
- An element that is shiny, ___________________ , malleable and a good conductor of ___________________ and ___________________ . Metals tend to transfer e- to nonmetals and form ionic compounds.
- An element with properties ___________________ those of metals and nonmetals.
- An element that ___________________ metallic properties. Nonmetals tend to form covalent bonds with each other or accept electrons from metals to form ionic bonds.
A one page guide to the periodic table: pdf format gif image