Matter / Phase Change Quiz (1 page)
- Define matter in a complete sentence.
- Describe the shape and volume characteristics for these state of matter.
Phase Shape Volume Solid
- List three physical properties of matter.
- Name one chemical property of matter. _______________________
- Tell whether the following are chemical or physical changes:
- sprinkling sugar on your cereal _______________
- cutting a piece of paper _______________
- burning a piece of paper _______________
- soaking paper in alcohol until it's mushy _______________
- scrubbing rust off a piece of steel _______________
- Tell whether the following are compounds, elements, heterogeneous or homogenous mixtures.
- sugar _____________________________
- paper _____________________________
- aluminum _____________________________
- the rock on the front counter _____________________________
- your shoes _____________________________
- salt dissolved in water _____________________________
- On the back compare and contrast mixtures and pure substances.