Atomic Vocabulary Quiz
Match the letter of the definition to the word in the lefthand column.
- ________ atom
- ________ ave. atomic mass
- ________ atomic mass units
- ________ atomic number
- ________ electron cloud
- ________ electron shell
- ________ electrons
- ________ isotopes
- ________ mass number
- ________ neutrons
- ________ nucleus
- ________ protons
- Atoms of the same element having different numbers of neutrons.
- Average of the masses of naturally occurring isotopes of an element, weighted by abundance.
- Central part of an atom made up of the protons and neutrons.
- Energy level of an electron that we model as the distance an e- circles the nucleus.
- Mass of an atom in atom mass units it is the sum of the number of protons and neutrons.
- Negatively charged subatomic particle found in the electron shell.
- Neutral subatomic particle found in the nucleus.
- Number of protons in an atom.
- Positively charged subatomic particle found in the nucleus.
- The space around the nucleus of the atom through which the electrons move.
- Tiniest particle of an element that has all the properties of the element.
- Unit to describe the mass of atoms, molecules and subatomic particles.