List: seed, seed coat, radicle, endosperm, embryo, epicotyl, cotyledons, hypocotyl, plumule, monocot, dicot, germination, dormancy
- seed - flowering plant's unit of reproduction, the product of sexual reproduction, with an embryo, food reserve and protective coat.
- seed coat - outer layer of seed.
- radicle - embryonic root.
- endosperm - nutrient tissue stored in some seeds.
- embryo - rudimentary plant formed after fertilization.
- epicotyl - area of shoot between the cotyledons and the first true leaves.
- cotyledons - seed leaves.
- hypocotyl - portion of embryo between the radicle and cotyledons.
- plumule - bud of the embryo.
- monocot - flowering plant with one cotyledon, parallel-veined leaves and flower parts in threes.
- dicot - flowering plant with two cotyledons, net-veined leaves and flower parts in fours or fives.
- germination - resumption of growth of the embryo.
- dormancy - period of inactivity.