Plant Growth Experiment Design Project
The student will design an experiment to answer a question concerning plant growth:
- The student will define the question. The question should be worthy of a high school investigation.
- A proposal with question, hypothesis and materials list will be submitted for instructor approval.
- The project results will be communicated with a rough draft and then a final lab report.
- The instructor can provide 4" plastic pots, standard potting soil and some seed types. Other materials are student provided.
- Plants are best started from seed. Annual plants are more tractable than perennials.
- Plants will be grown in the greenhouse. This will provide temperature controls and watering.