Apical Dominance Lab
The student will observe the effects of apical dominance on herbaceous ornamentals.
Does "pinching back" have an effect on my plant?
This is the place to record definitions, previous knowledge, and related research used to help answer the question and generate a hypothesis.
The hypothesis is a possible answer to the student's question.
- (6) small herbaceous plants: marigold, mustard, coleus, beans, peas, etc
The procedure should be a numbered list of steps that another scientist could follow to reproduce the experiment
- The manipulated (changed) variable
- The responding (measured) variable
- Two controlled (kept the same) variables
- Experimental control (control group)
- Validity measures (i.e. cleaning equipment between trials)
- An indication of measurements being recorded
- Repeated trials