- List three of the four requirements for germination:
- Seed dormancy can be advantageous to a plant because it allows dispersal to new habitats by wind, water, animals. Describe an example of each dispersal agent and the plant that uses it.
- Explain how seed dormancy allows the plant to synchronize to the environment.
- There are two general categories of dormancy are seed coat dormancy and embryo dormancy. Give an example of a specific dormancy mechanism for each category.
- What we did to the Lupin seeds is called ___________________________________________.
- Explain stratification.
- Leaching with water is a way to break seed dormancy. What is being leached?
- The greater genetic diversity of seeds is both advantages and disadvantage to propagation by seed. Explain how that can be.
- The two main ways to propagate plants are: