Eating Arsenic Questions
Answer these questions in complete sentences in your journal.
- What is the common name of the plant this article is about?
- What is the plant's scientific name?
- What is a common use of arsenic compounds?
- What is one way arsenic affects humans?
- How do our water supplies get contaminated with arsenic?
- What is phytoremediation?
- Why would a plant that bioaccumulates toxins in its stems and leaves be more useful than a plants that bioaccumulates in its root?
- Express 5 ppm as a percentage.
- Express 22,300 ppm as a percentage.
Reference: "Eating Arsenic" by Fred Pearce. NewScientist.com. 31 January 2001. ©Reed Business Information Ltd.