This delicate fern is a sucker for arsenic Questions
After reading the article "This delicate fern is a sucker for arsenic", answer these questions in your journal with complete sentences.
- List some of the pests that arsenic has been used against.
- What is the common name of the plant this article is about?
- What is the plant's scientific name?
- What is a common use of arsenic compounds?
- What is one way arsenic affects humans?
- How do our water supplies get contaminated with arsenic?
- What is phytoremediation?
- Why would a plant that bioaccumulates toxins in its stems and leaves be more useful than a plants that bioaccumulates in its root?
- How many arsenic hot spots are in Florida?
- What is the author's name?
- Express 5 ppm as a percentage.
- Express 22,300 ppm as a percentage.