Introductory Photosynthesis Questions
On a separate sheet of paper answer these questions in complete sentences.
- Define photosynthesis.
- Write the balanced chemical equation for photosynthesis with a glucose product.
- What is the most common pigment in green plants?
- Why do deciduous trees leaves turn colors in the fall?
- Draw a chloroplast and label its inner and outer membranes, thylakoid, stroma and grana.
- Where do the light reactions occur?
- What are the two inputs to the light reactions?
- What are the products the light reactions?
- Describe why you might be interested in the 'waste' product of the light reactions.
- Where do the light-independent reactions occur?
- What are the three inputs to the light-independent reactions?
- What are the products the light-independent reactions?