Meristem related questions
Use the meristem glossary and pages 436 - 439, p444 - 447 of the Zebra Biology book to answer these questions in complete sentences on a separate sheet of paper.
- Explain what we mean when we say meristem is capable of differentiation.
- Compare and contrast xylem and phloem.
- What is the relationship between auxin and apical dominance?
- Compare and contrast apical meristem and intercalary meristem.
- Why is intercalary meristem a good adaptation for plants eaten by animals?
- If moss isn't a vascular plant what two plant tissues must it be missing?
- A bud is an undeveloped __, __ or __.
- Why are the trunks of some trees protected from rabbits by fencing?
- What is asexual propagation?
- What is vegetative propagation?
- Make (two) labeled drawings showing the interaction of auxins, cytokinins and apical dominance.
- Compare and contrast vascular cambium and cork cambium.
- What is an important cambium consideration when grafting?
- What is an important cambium consideration when budding?
- Explain the role of meristems and stem cuttings.