Generic Fertilizing Questions
After reading the Oregon State University brochure EC1503 Fertilizing Your Garden answer these questions in complete sentences in your journal/notebook.
- This publication discusses which three major factors of plant growth?
- What is the most effective way to improve soil structure?
- List the three key plant nutrients.
- For each nutrient, describe why it is important for the plant.
- What is pH?
- For each garden use list the best pH range: vegetable, lawns, blueberries, rhododendrons.
- What is the Washington State flower?
- Organic or chemical fertilizers - which form of nutrients can be more readily absorbed by plants?
- The fertilizer package reads 20 - 15 - 5. Explain what that means.
- Make three drawings showing the methods of how fertilizer can be applied. Label your drawings.