Plant Environmental Factors Questions
After reading the Idaho Master Gardener Program Handbook Chapter 2 Intro to Horticulture & Plant Physiology , answer these questions:
- What is horticulture?
- What two fundamental aspects of climate affect plants?
- Diagram and label a hypothetical yard landscape showing the five microclimate effects.
- Find and describe three microclimates on the school campus.
- When is our first and last killing frost ?
- List your favorite cool-season plant.
- My friend in Tucson puts her tulip bulbs in the refrigerator for two months before planting them outside. Explain.
- List your favorite warm-season plant.
- Frost warning for tonight! Describe two ways you could modify those low temperatures and protect your plant.
- Your one true love loves chrysanthemums . Describe how you could surprise them with blooming chrysanthemums on their birthday in June.
- Explain how the "Wall 'O Water " ® works.
- What is our hardiness zone number and average annual low temperature?