Cuttings Questions - Asexual Propagation
After reading pages 4-9 to 4-12 of the Idaho Master Gardeners Handbook answer these questions.
- Compare and contrast woody and herbaceous plants.
- How many years have farmers been cloning Bartlett pears? ____________________
Describe the three methods for asexual propagation.
- List the three types of cuttings.
- What are some considerations when choosing a rooting medium?
- Describe how to prevent contamination of the entire container of rooting hormone.
- How long does it take to root a coleus? _______________________ a carnation? _______________
- Make a series of cartoon-style sketches (5-6 panels) showing the process of making a cutting. Use steps 1 and 2 of Idaho Master Gardeners Handbook on pages 4-9 and 4-10 as a source.