Things you need 1)Tape Measure 2)Drinking Straw 3)Protractor 4)Heavy small rectangular object(eraser) 5)String and some tape
- Make a height meter tie string to the center of the flat end of the protractor then tie it to the eraser
- Tape the straw to the flat end lengthwise
- Walk out a distance until you see the top of the tree
- Measure that distance
- look at the top of the tree through the straw and hold the string in place on the protractor.This will give you your angle of elevation.
- measure your height from the ground to your eyes.
- Subtract your angle from 90 degrees then the arc tangent of it and multiply by the distance you were from the tree.
- add your height to the previously calculated height n step6 and this should give you the height of the tree