How will changing a property string length of the pendulum effect the pendulum's period?
The background should include:
- Pendulum definition.
- Period definition.
- Relationship of P.E. and K.E. to the pendulum system.
If the length is increased/decreased (select one) then the pendulum period will be longer/shorter (select one), because ______.
Make a complete list of the equipment you will need.
- (1) protractor (angles of less than 20°)
- (2) 1 oz lead masses
- ( ) string (finished lengths in 10 cm increments: 10cm, 20cm, 30cm)
- ( ) _______________
Write a step-by-step description of how you will perform the experiment. Use a list of numbered, short, concise sentences.
The data table should list string lengths and periods.
The conclusion is a paragraph with the following:
- Restate the prediction or hypothesis.
- Clearly state whether the prediction/hypothesis was correct or give a correct answer to the investigative question.
- Provide the range of data from high to low.
- Explain how the data supports or rejects the hypothesis or answers the question.
In addition, the conclusion is the place to report any errors that occurred, list any variables that were not controlled, list what would be done differently if the experiment were repeated, and ask any additional questions that come up as result of the research.