Numeric Analysis of the Doppler Effect
On a separate sheet of paper perform each indicated step showing all your work.
- Turn your paper sideways (landscape).
- Draw in the middle of your paper a stick figure human. The figure should be 3 cm tall.
- On the left side of your paper draw a car. The car should be 4 cm long.
- Imagine the car has an extremely large tuning fork on its hood. Draw the tuning fork.
- When struck, the tuning fork vibrates at 262 Hz. Write this below the human.
- The speed of sound is approximate 343 m/s at sea level. Write this below the human.
- What is the period of the tuning fork vibration? Write this below the human.
- The car starts moving and is soon traveling at 55 mph. Draw little lines to show the car is moving.
- Convert the speed of a car to meters / sec. Write both speeds above the car.