Walking a Position-Time Diagram
- You and your team will create the following graphs by walking the 0, 5m, 10m, 15m course at different speeds or starting positions.
- Only one person needs to walk the speed profile.
- Everyone in the group will need to record the times.
- Make a quick sketch of your data while outside to verify the walk does follow the shapes below,
- On a sheet of graph, draw the four graphs using ½ of the page for each graph. Be sure to label axis, specify units, etc.
- On a separate sheet of paper, for each graph:
- Calculate the speed for each segment (three calculations). Show the equation setup.
- Calculate the average speed of the entire walk by using the beginning and ending distances and times. Do not average the three segment speeds.
- You will have a total of sixteen calculations - four for each graph.