Kinetic Energy Worksheet
For problems with calculations use UDRSS: ◻Units ◻Data ◻Relationship ◻Substitution ◻Solution
- Kinetic energy can be defined as:
- The equation to be used to calculate kinetic energy (K.E.) is:
- The SI unit in which K.E. is often measured is the ____________.
- Rodger Maris swung a bat which had a mass of 2 Kg at a velocity of 45 m/s. How many joules of kinetic energy could he give to a ball?
- Barry Bonds swings a bat which has a mass of 1.5 Kg at a velocity of 55 m/s. How many joules of kinetic energy could he give to a ball?
- Which is more important to hitting a home run - a heavier bat or a faster swing?
- A golf pro swings his driver which weighs 0.75 kg at a velocity of 60 m/s. Calculate the kinetic energy of the club.
- Calculate the K.E. of a car which has a mass of 1000 kg and is moving at the rate of 20 m/s.
- What is the K.E. of a soccer ball which has a mass of 0.8 kg and is kicked at a velocity of 10 m/s?
- Calculate the K.E. of a running back that has a mass of 80 kg and is running at a velocity of 8 m/s.