What is Energy Fill-in?
Energy is the ________________________ a ________________________ has to produce ________________________ on another system.
A system is a set of ________________________ or interdependent system ________________________ forming an integrated _____________.
- Systems have __________________________, defined by components and their composition.
- Systems have __________________________, which involves inputs, processing and outputs of material, energy, information, or data.
- Systems have __________________________: the parts of a system have functional and structural __________________________.
- Systems may have some ________________________ or groups of functions
Types of systems
- An ________________________ system is a system which ________________________ interacts with its environment.
- An ________________________ system is a physical system that ________________________ interact with its surroundings.
- An isolated system obeys ________________________ laws: its total energy and mass stay constant.
- ________________________ (molecular bonds)
- ________________________ (moving electrons)
- Heat (thermal)
- ________________________ (energy of motion)
- Light (electromagnetic)
- ________________________ (fission and fusion)
- ________________________ (energy of position)
- ________________________ (sonic)
Three Big Ideas
- All physical ________________________ involve transferring ________________________ or changing one form of ________________________ into another (transforming).
- Whenever ________________________ is reduced in one place, it is ________________________ somewhere else by exactly the ________________________ amount.
- Whenever there is a ________________________ of energy, some of it is likely to go into ________________________ which spreads around and is therefore not available for use.
A system can transfer energy by means of three ways:
- physical or thermodynamical work
- heat transfer
- mass transfer