A Tool for All Seasons Questions
After reading the article, "A Tool for All Seasons Questions" By Stanley H. Ambrose. ©Science Vol 314. 10 November 2006. p930, answer these questions:
- Who was sharing the African savannas 2 mya? What question(s) are raised by this?
- Discuss the evidence for the robust australopithecine's diets.
- "Dietary niche separation between closely related species is usually greatest when resources are scarce. Explain what that means."
- Describe the two sets of isotope analysis.
- What does tooth enamel growth allow scientists to discern?
- Why is laser ablation superior to other methods?
- What did the analysis of Paranthropus enamel reveal?
- The Paranthropus average carbon-isotope ratios are simliar to what modern animal?
- Describe the climate and primate developements during the end of the Miocene.
- Describe the climate and primate developments from 2.6 to 1.0 mya.
- What important work needs to be done with modern animals? Why is that so important?