Variations on Mendelian Genetics Notes Fill-in
- _______________________ expression is in between dominant and recessive.
- Example: red and white flowered snapdragons crossed to produce _________.
- One __________ being expressed isn't enough to produce a red flower.
- Alleles are still there and will be expressed in _____________ crosses.
- Alleles are represented with letter super scripts: CrCr (red), CwCw (white), ___________ (pink).
- Both _____________ are fully expressed.
- Example: human blood types. Both A and B blood cell surface _______________ expressed.
- Most often seen in biochemical traits.
- ______________ represented with letter super scripts: IA_________.
- More than _______ alleles are possible for a trait.
- Only _______ can be present in an individual! Different combinations possible though.
- Example alleles: A (IA), B (IB), O (i).
- Genotype examples: A (IAIA or __________), B (___________ or IBi), AB (IAIB), O blood (ii).
- _____________________ between one or more genes.
- More than one gene affects _____________________ phenotypic expression.
- Example: Another gene affects if any pigment is _____________________ deposited in mammal fur (albinism).
- A single gene affects many _________________ expressions.
- Some characters exhibit a continuum rather than a discrete trait (red flowers).
- Many genes may be influencing a single _______________ character.
- Mammal skin and eye color are examples.