Mendelian Genetics Notes Fill-in
Mendel's Law of Segregation
- Organisms inherit ______ gene from each _______________.
- Each organism has ______ _____________ .
- Each _______________ has one allele (alleles segregate).
- Each allele is _______________.
Mendel's Law of Dominance
- The expression of one _______________ ( _______________ ) may mask the other.
- This _______________ is "dominant".
- The masked allele is "_______________".
Mendel's Law of Independent Assortment
- Genes may segregate ___________________ from each other.
- Gametes can have different _______________ of genes (and alleles).
- There are exceptions!