- _____ autosomes
- _____ chromosome
- _____ diploid
- _____ gamete
- _____ haploid
- _____ homologous chromosomes
- _____ karyotype
- _____ meiosis
- _____ pedigree
- _____ sex chromosomes
- _____ somatic cell
- A body cell having both sets of genes (diploid).
- A chart used to track heritable traits over many generations (family tree).
- A pair of identical chromosomes. Human somatic cells have 22 homologous chromosomes.
- A sex cell having one set of genes (haploid), either an egg or sperm.
- Chromosomes of the same number and type present in both sexes.
- Complete set of chromosomes with a set from each parent (46 in humans).
- Display of a diploid set of chromosomes, arranged in pairs starting with the longest pair.
- Eukaryotic cell division producing four haploid gamete cells.
- The number of chromosomes in a gamete, ½ of the diploid number (23 in humans).
- These carry gender information. In humans, XX denotes a female and XY a male.
- Thread-like association of DNA and proteins in a cell's nucleus.