Human Genetic Disorders Poster Project
You and a partner will prepare an poster board regarding a human genetic disorder. This project will likely represent a synopsis of information obtained from your references. Ideas, direct quotes and images need to be cited. Note: a good resource is the National Center for Biotechnology Information site at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bv.fcgi?rid=gnd .
- Poster dimensions are 71 cm x 53 cm (±10%).
- Posters should be readable from 1.5 meters. Hand-written text is discouraged.
- Posters content should be divided into sections: Phenotypic expression, Genotypic information, Treatments, Resources for sufferers and References (see Grading section below).
- Each section, figure, image or table should have a title and/or caption.
- Write your names on the back of the poster. With each name write the percentage that each contributed to the project ( 50% / 50%, 30% / 70%, etc).
|Category||5 points||3 points||1 point|
|Phenotypic expression||Accurate, detailed, complete descriptions with images.||Accurate, detailed, complete descriptions.||Descriptions provided.|
|Genotypic information||Accurate, detailed & complete including history of discovery.||Accurate, complete.||Description provided.|
|Treatments||Phenotypic and genotypic treatment descriptions including areas of research.||Some descriptions provided.||Minimal descriptions or missing categories.|
|Resources for sufferers||Extensive list provided.||Provided.||Missing.|
|References||Extensive list provided with all direct quotes and images cited.||A list provided with some missing citations.||Minimal or missing.|
|Poster design and implementation||Pleasing, well designed, adheres to guidelines, aids understanding and includes titles and captions.||Pleasing, aids understanding, some missing titles or captions.||Irrelevant, distracting, inappropriate or ignores guidelines.|