After reading the article "Epigenetics: From islands to shores" answer these questions with complete sentences.
- What is DNA methylation? What does it do?
- What are epigenetic changes?
- Identical twins have the exact same DNA. Why aren't they exactly identical?
- How are identical twins formed in the womb?
- How are fraternal twins formed?
- How do errors in reproducing epigenetic patterns contrast with DNA replication?
- Explain how mouse DNA methylation told researchers about the relative age of methylation.
- What is a CpG island?
- What are the shores of a CpG island?