One Common Ancestor Behind Blue Eyes Questions
After reading the article One Common Ancestor Behind Blue Eyes answer these questions.
- Humans originally all had _________ eyes.
- How does the genetic mutation affecting OCA2 produce blue eyes?
- The genetic switch isn't OCA2! What does the genetic switch do?
- What would happen if the OCA2 gene was completely turned off?
- The article says that only mitochondrial DNA was examined which comes only from the mother. What does this say about the father's sperm?
- Segments of DNA that haven't been shuffled around are called ________.
- If you and I share the same long haplotypes that means we ____.
- The amount of the chemical _________ determines your eye color.
- People in Denmark, Turkey and Jordan sharing the same blue-eye gene related haplotypes means that _____ .
- Why do you think the blue-eye gene spread throughout Europe?