Arm Span Activity
- Students work with a partner to measure each person's arm span in cm.
- Students should also measure their heights.
- Record each arm span measurement on the overhead projector sheet.
- Find the smallest and the largest arm span. Divide that range into 7 to 8 bins. Record the ranges of each bin.
- Count and record the number of students whose arm span fits in each bin.
- Graph the arm span histogram.
- Students can create a scatter plot of arm span vs. height.
- The resulting graph can be used to illustrate best fit of equations to data.