Pre-Darwin Theories of Origins Questions.
Answer these in complete sentences on another sheet of paper.
- Compare and contrast extirpation and extinction.
- There was a major shift in thinking about the world in the 19th century.
- Describe the roles of the Greek philosophers, the Bible and Curvier in developing one world view.
- Contrast that with the world view supported by Lyell and Lamarck and describe their roles in the development of this contrasting world view.
- In your writing, think of and use a single word to describe each world view. The two words I thought of both begin with vowels.
- Use your knowledge of genetic inheritance to refute Lamarck's ideas of inheritance of acquired characteristics.