Cutlery Bird Bill Lab Questions
Answer the following questions:
- Which birds were the most effective predators?
- Predict how the bird population will change over many generations.
- We conducted this simulation during the wet season when the worms were on the surface. Predict what would happen to the bird population if we did this simulation during the dry season when the worms had all burrowed beneath the surface.
- Now that you know there are wet and dry seasons, predict how the worm population will change over many generations.
- Make a graph comparing the effectiveness of bird bill type.
- Discuss the simulation in terms of natural selection.
- Consider Darwin's inferences. How does this experiment demonstrate the observations and resulting inferences?