Rosario Beach Field Trip Permission
To: Parents / Guardians of OHHS Science Students May 3, 2004
Re: Rosario Beach Field Trip (on Friday, May 7th, ?:?? to 2:00)
Students will be attending a field trip to Rosario Beach on Friday, May 7th. This field trip is part of the Integrated Science curriculum. The work the students do on this field trip is required. Students who are unable to attend the field trip will be given a required makeup assignment. Students are only permitted to attend the field trip if they are currently passing the class, have all current unit assignments turned in and have shown no behavior problems.
Please sign below to indicate whether or not you will permit your student to attend the field trip. Students must also obtain permission from teachers whose classes they will miss. If you have any questions about the field trip, the necessary conditions for attendance, or the field trip guidelines, please contact me at 279-5449, or write a note below. Field trip guidelines and rules:
- Students are responsible for any work they miss in other classes. All students will be responsible for the science class work related to the field trip. Those who do not attend for whatever reason(s), will be given an alternative assignment.
- Students will follow school rules at all times, on the bus and at the beach, or students will be disciplined under the discipline code of Oak Harbor High School.
- Dress needs to be appropriate. No shorts, skirts, tank tops or sandals. Often students slip on wet rocks and it is dangerous not to have arms and legs covered. Rubber-soled shoes are advised for navigating the rocky beaches and the tidal pool areas. We will go rain or shine, so be prepared for the weather. There is very little covered shelter at Rosario beach.
- Meet in front of the school, on schedule, for attendance-taking and assignment to buses.
- Bring any required classroom materials and supplies with you.
- Bring a lunch to eat at the beach. There is no food available at the park.
Thank you, Mr. Rick
________________________ (student name) will / will not (circle one) participate in the Rosario beach field trip.
_________________________________ parent signature
- Period 4 : _________________________
- Period 5 : _________________________
- Period 6 : _________________________