Island County Populations
Read pages 4 and 5 from section 3 of The Health of Island County report. Answer these questions in complete sentences.
- What was the population of Island County in 2000?
- Contrast the growth rate of Island County and Washington State from 1990 to 2000.
- Contrast the growth rate of Island County and Washington State from 1980 to 1990.
- Which of the four areas of Island County (Camano, South, Central or North) had the largest percentage of Island County's population in 2000?
- Which of these four areas increased their percentage rank the most between 1990 and 2000?
- In 2000, what percentage of the Island County population were males between the ages of 10 to 14?
- In 2000, how many males between the ages of 10 to 14 lived in Island County?
- In 2000, how many females between the ages of 10 to 14 lived in Island County?
- What are the birth years for those females and males?
- Looking at the 65 to 85+ age distributions, what can you say about male versus female life expectancy?
- The majority of women in Washington State were born in what four year period?