Population Estimate Mini-project
As part of testing the effectiveness of a new herbicide, you are asked to estimate the population of weeds in a small test plot. The test plot is a bark covered area in the front of the high school. Your task (with a partner) is to:
- Devise a population sampling protocol.
- Use the protocol to estimate the weed population.
- Prepare a electronic media presentation of your protocol, data and population estimate.
- A journal rough draft of the protocol is due March 18th.
- The field work will be done on March 22th.
- The presentation will be due on March 25rd.
- The grading rubric is found at http://www.galaxynet.com/~corvid/edu/edua_rubrics_visual.htm