Estimating a OHHS weed population
- You and a partner will estimate the number of weeds in an area at OHHS specified by your instructor.
- You may use the quadrat or strip transect method. The sampled area is to be between 2% and 5% of the total area.
- Your results will be presented to the class in an electronic presentation. Include this information:
- Description of quadrat sampling method.
- Sample site location and data.
- Definition of 'weed'.
- Quadrat data - locations and weed counts.
- Estimates of weed number.
OHHS Weed Population Rubric
|Grading Rubric||Above Standard (5 pts)||Meets Standard (3 pts)||Below Standard (1 pt)||Subtotal|
|Information:||Accurate, complete, extensive with calculations.||Accurate and complete with calculations.||Inaccurate, incomplete or inappropriate. Sources not cited = 0|
|Organization:||Exemplary, clear and logical.||Aids presentation.||Detracts from presentation.|
|Presentation:||Informed, poised, not requiring notes.||Informed, with reference to notes.||Unable to discuss information or reads from paper.|