How to sample populations
Read "How to sample populations" (p151-153). Answer these questions in complete sentences in your journal.
- Define a census.
- The actual student count at OHHS is 1682 students. Your estimates of the student population ranged from 1400 to 2200 students (refer to activity 3.2). How could the count of students in room 19B (the sub-sample) cause a bad population estimate?
- How could you minimize that error in estimating the student population?
- Could you ever eliminate the error? Explain your reasoning.
- Describe a quadrat sampling method?
- Describe a mark and recapture survey method?