After reading the articles Dust Bowl and Dry Times in North America- Page 4, answer these questions in
complete sentences in your journal.
- What caused the dust bowl on the 1930's?
- What broke down the plains sod?
- The population of Northern Whidbey Island is about 43,000 people. What is 15% of that population?
- How far away was the dust blown in the May 1934 storm?
- Describe the drought events in North America from 2400 BCE to 1200 CE.
- What happened in to the North American climate around 1200 CE?
- When did the wetter conditions that developed after 1200 CE end?
- Will we see a return to the climate behavior that North America experienced before 1200 AD?