Climatogram for Journal
- A biome is a group of ecosystems identified and named for a characteristic vegetation type.
- The predominant vegetation is strongly influenced by climatic conditions such as temperature and precipitation.
- A diagram of mean annual temperature versus mean annual precipitation can show how biomes and climates differ.
- There are not sharp boundaries between biomes - one biome gradually changes into another.
Directions: Use the climatogram and the mean annual temperature and precipitation listed below to name the biome.
- 2° temp. and 60 cm precipitation = coniferous forest
- 25° temp. and 300 cm precipitation =
- 15° temp. and 200 cm precipitation =
- 20° temp. and 80 cm precipitation =
- 20° temp. and 25 cm precipitation =
- -10° temp. and 25 cm precipitation =
- 15° temp. and 25 cm precipitation =
- 15° temp. and 75 cm precipitation =
- 8° temp. and 175 cm precipitation =