EO - The Modern Carbon Cycle Questions
After reading The Carbon Cycle Page 3 answer these questions in complete sentences in your journal.
- What produces the large annual oscillations in atmospheric CO2 ?
- How much larger are these oscillations compared to the CO2 introduced by the burning of fossil fuels?
- What land use changes affect the CO2 atmospheric levels?
- What controls CO2 exchange in the oceans?
- Describe the effect of sea surface temperature (SST) on CO2 levels in the atmosphere.
- Describe the effect of ocean currents on CO2 movement.
- Contrast land and ocean storage of CO2.
- Over long periods of time, what represents a significant removal of carbon from the atmosphere?