Minerals Identification Lab
Directions for Mineral Properties Lab
- Choose a mineral from the set.
- Examine the mineral and note how the sample reflects light. Write if the mineral is metallic or non-metallic in the proper space below.
- Note and record the color of the sample in the correct space. Pay particular attention to if the mineral is dark or light in color.
- Note and record the hardness, cleavage/fracture, streak, and any special properties.
- Use the key and the data you have just recorded to identify and name the mineral.
- Set the mineral next to the name so your instructor can check it.
- Choose another mineral from the set and repeat steps 2-6.
|Place Mineral Here||Mineral Name||Physical Properties|