Sedimentary Rock Subsystem Quiz (SYSB)
Complete the rock cycle diagram.
- Describe the two types of sedimentary rock.
- Arrange this list of sediments from largest to the smallest fragment sizes: clay, silt, sand, gravel, cobbles.
- What is a chemical precipitate?
- List the steps for forming a sedimentary rock.
- Describe the two major types of weathering and give an example of each.
- Erosion has many forms. Describe two agents of erosion and a location on Earth where their actions are evident.
- Discuss the effects of energy on the sorting process of deposition.
- Describe the two processes of lithification.
- If you were looking for fossils which type of sedimentary rock would you most be interested in? Explain your reasoning.
- Complete the table below for two sedimentary rock environments.
Environment Agents of transportation or precipitation Sediments Rock