Plate Tectonics Concepts
Directions: Using your knowledge of earth science, for each word group write a few meaningful, illustrative sentences. The sentences communicates your mastery of the content and processes of plate tectonics. Hint: think about what each word set is referring to (what they have in common) and how are they different. Grammar and spelling are important.
- inner core, outer core, mantle, crust.
- crust, lithosphere, asthenosphere, mantle.
- asthenosphere, convection currents, plate tectonics.
- outer core, convection currents, mantle, density.
- continental drift, plate tectonics, evidence
- Pangea, paleoclimates, fossils
- Pangea, rock formations, mountain ranges
- divergent boundary, geomagnetic reversals, magma
- plate boundaries, earthquake belts, P- and S-waves.
- sea-floor spreading, divergent boundary, mid-ocean ridges.
- transform boundary, divergent boundary.
- ocean trench, subduction zones, convergent boundary.
- hot spot, Hawaii, mantle.