Minerals, Rock Cycle, Igneous and Metamorphic Rock Practice Test
- What is a mineral? (Remember there are four parts to this)
- Compare and contrast mineral, rock and ore.
- An aggregate of two or more minerals is called a ____.
- Describe the nine physical properties of minerals?
- The color of the powdered mineral is called its _____.
- The external form that a mineral has reflecting the orderly internal arrangement of its atoms is called _____.
- Why isn't color a reliable identifier of mineral?
- What determines the hardness of a mineral? (What determines - not how to determine).
- Contrast color and streak.
- What could cause one piece of quartz to be milky colored and another to be pink?
- Name two tools used to test hardness.
- What is the luster, hardness, streak of the mineral 1?
- Draw and label the rock cycle.
- Igneous rocks are classified by their _____ and ______.
- Igneous rocks that cooled slowly underground have ______ crystals.
- The color of an igneous rock reflects its ______.
- Igneous rocks that have mostly dark minerals are found ______.
- Complete the table of volcano characteristics:
- The type of volcanoes closest to us are ______.
- If magma has a high silica and high water content then it is associated with ______ eruptive violence.
- Which of these sample rocks are aphanitic, phaneritic, felsic, mafic?
- Explain what agents (forces) cause metamorphism.
- Describe the three changes to rock that occur during metamorphism.
- Explain how "high grade" and "low grade" metamorphic rocks differ.
- Describe how to recognize the two main texture groups of metamorphic rocks.
- Compare and contrast the two main types of metamorphism.
- What is the value of index minerals?