Use your journal to answer these questions:
- The heavier elements of the solar system came from ___.
- How long ago did the solar system form?
- What became of the material left over from the sun's formation?
- What happened to a large portion of the Earth's crust after the collision with Theia?
- What became of Theia's heavier elements?
- Describe three outcomes for the earth due to the collision with Theia.
- In your earth model, how many grams of clay did you use for the mantle?
- Which layer of the Earth has the greatest volume?
- Complete the table
Earth layer Composition Phase Crust silicate minerals solid
- On the back of this paper record your answer to Nov 16th's warmup.