Principles of Chemical Reactions Fill-in
- Atoms combine in _______________ proportions to form chemical ________________.
- The _______________ for the atoms in a _______________ are combined with the _______________ of atoms (as a subscript) in that compound to give a chemical _______________.
- Atoms with _______________ outer shells are in a _______________ condition.
- A filled shell often has 8 _______________ (an _______________), this stable condition is called the ____________ of Eight.
- The substances that undergo a chemical reaction are called the _______________. The substances created by the chemical reaction are the _______________ .
- The total ___________ of _______________ must equal the total __________ of _______________. This is called the Law of _______________________ of Mass.
- The _______ of chemical reactions, how fast they proceed, is _______________ by:
- _______________ the temperature.
- increasing the _______________ of reactants.
- increasing the _______________ area of reactants.
- adding a _______________. This is essential to life.
- Atoms can _______________ e- (_____________ bond) or ____________ e- (_______________ bond) to achieve a _______________ outer shell.
- The outer _______________ is also called the _______________ shell and the e- are called the _______________ electrons.
- A _____________ diagram is used to show just the ___________ shell electrons. The electrons are shown as dots surrounding the element chemical symbol. Below are the Lewis diagram representations for hydrogen, sodium, nitrogen, oxygen and chlorine.