Chemical Behavior Investigation
- This quarter, you have investigated aspects of chemical behavior and have mastered the "I can" statements from the syllabus.
- As the quarter progressed you may have wondered about chemical behavior beyond what was exactly covered in our activities.
- Completing this quarter's Activity Log allowed you to record some of your ideas.
- Now you and a lab partner will investigate some of these "What if" ideas.
- An investigation must be designed, planned, monitored, implemented and documented.
- Your investigation must explicitly state what aspect of chemical behavior is being explored.
- The unifying investigation document will be a lab report.
- The design and planning of the investigation will be develop from the lab report draft.
- Your instructor will review your design.
- Your progress will be monitored with revisions(s) of the lab report.
- Your instructor can provide most of the investigation materials and equipment.
- Safety is paramount. Lab activities will be performed at school, under supervision.
- This investigation evaluates your INQuiry Learning Targets and counts as exam points.
- Your semester grade could shift as much as two grade letters! C → A or C → F
- Each group member will complete an evaluation of their and their partner's performance.
- Group members may wish to partition the work. However, each group member will be responsible for complete understanding of all parts of the investigation! The instructor may individually quiz a group member as part of the evaluation.
- The final product will be graded with this rubric.